We require that users supply their name and e-mail address in order to post comments. Your contact information will remain private and confidential and will not be provided to any individual or group unless allowed by the Texas Public Information Act.
Rules for posting
We wish to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue. These rules are designed to maintain a productive and open forum for community discussion. Our moderators use these rules to ensure that posted comments are constructive and suitable for all readers, while respecting a range of opinions and points of view.
All comments are read prior to posting, which is why there will be a delay between submission and posting. Moderation will take place during regular business hours.
- Moderators will post comments that comply with the following rules:
- Comments must be within the scope of the topic under discussion on this weblog.
- Try to keep comments short. If your comment is more than 500 words, we may ask you to summarize it.
- Do not include personally identifiable information within your comment, such as address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information.
- Anonymous comments will not be accepted.
- Do not represent yourself as another person.
- Your comments must be civil. They must not contain malicious, offensive, threatening, profane or insulting language.
- No references to the personality of other participants or individuals, or attacks on individual character will be permitted.
- Information about locating and sharing knowledge and expertise is welcomed, but within the specific discussion provided here. Links to other web sites or pages must be relevant to the topic.
- Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted. Event or publication announcements are permitted only if they have direct relevance to the subject of discussion.
- This is a forum for community issues and not for electoral campaign purposes. Such messages will not be published.
- You are legally responsible for what you write in this space and it must not breach any law, confidentiality or copyright. Because you are responsible for your statements, be careful about exaggeration, innuendo, etc.
- You may be temporarily or permanently excluded from this dialogue space if you act contrary to these rules and to the spirit of this online forum.